This post may contain affiliate links. This means I get a commission if you purchase through my links at no cost to you. Read the full disclosure here
Are you hunting for WordPress food blog themes? Need a stunning theme for your new culinary blog?
Every passionate food blogger needs the right platform to show their unique recipes and photos. Creating a food blog on WordPress is an excellent way to do that.
You can easily create a professional blog and share your recipes with a WordPress recipe theme.
Go ahead and look through our carefully chosen list of the best WordPress food blog themes. Because these themes specifically serve food bloggers, they are professional, responsive, and have all the features a recipe site needs.
Food blogging is a popular niche, and getting a high position in search engines can be challenging. Remember, there are numerous established food blogs out there, and competition can be challenging. But hey, don’t give up; there are plentiful sub-niches to turn into a profitable blog. To explain, a sub-niche is a more specific topic in a bigger market, which is, in your case, food.
Food Blog ideas
So, it’s the first time you start a blog? Then, you may want to read our step-by-step How to start a blog with WordPress to make a living from home.
Tips for Buying A Food Blog Theme
Culinary blogs can’t do without pictures. Your visitors will not be able to smell or taste the food by visiting your blog. However, you can make your imagery outstanding so people may want to eat it with their eyes. Therefore, you need to look for a theme that helps you showcase recipe pictures in all their grandeur. Most WordPress food blog themes usually have:
- Several image gallery options
- An Instagram widget that ads your latest recipe posts
- A built-in recipe template page
- Custom post types for your recipes
For instance, with some Food Blog Themes, you can add user rating systems, recipe cooking steps and times, search ingredients lists, nutritional information, etc.
You need to remember that changing a theme when your blog has 100 recipes or more is a daunting, time-consuming task. So, choose your theme with care, even if that means paying a few bucks more for a premium theme.
But wait, before you download the WordPress food theme of your choice, you will need a domain name and a web host provider. I advise checking out this one-time offer and getting both from Hostinger.
Now, let me show you the Best WordPress Food Blog Themes. I’ve made it easy for you, bringing you a carefully selected list of gorgeous themes that are not only lightweight, and fast-loading but also look well on any mobile device.
Best WordPress food blog themes (free & paid)
1. Blossom recipe
The Blossom recipe theme is amazingly easy for bloggers starting a food blog. Even for complete newbies who have no experience building a blog. This means you can set up this food blog without knowing a single line of code. It already loads everything you need and works wonderfully with the Delicious Recipes plugin.
Best features of Blossom Recipe Theme
- 26 custom widgets.
- Speed/Seo optimized.
- 5 Different recipe pages.
- 900 Google fonts you can choose from.
- Showcase Instagram posts.
2. Foodica Lite Culinary theme
Foodica is an excellent theme for creating a food/recipe blog made by WPZOOM. It comes with a featured posts slider for the home page. Additionally, turning your site into a WordPress e-commerce website can be done in just a few clicks, as the theme offers complete WooCommerce support. Foodica Lite is a free theme. However, if you want more features, like the one-click demo importer, you can purchase the pro(paid)version of Foodica.
Best features of Foodica Lite
- Foodica Lite is Responsive & Retina Ready.
- With the Gutenberg block editor, you can easily create stunning recipe posts.
- It’s easy to customize colors and fonts in the Customizer to match your brand.
- Foodica Lite includes four banner areas for your Adsense banners or other promotions.
- Has a sidebar widget for Instagram posts.
3. Memory theme
The Memory Theme is easy to customize and ready for today’s tech standards. On top of that, it will enable you to design almost any type of website in seconds by importing one of its pre-built demos. It’s compatible with most browsers, so your site will look good on any device. And what’s more, Memory is fully optimized for SEO and speed.
Best features of Memory
- It has 4 different styles of attention-drawing header sliders.
- Option to display posts in a list or grid.
- You can change layout options from page to page.
- Let you display your Instagram feed.
- Quick demo installs for 7 different blog styles (pro version).
4. Kadence theme
I recommend Kadence to bloggers looking for free food blog WordPress themes. After installing the Kadence theme, you can download one of the starter templates, Heather’s Kitchen. Moreover, you can start your recipe site within minutes by just replacing text and images after importing the template. The Kadence theme is not only blazing fast, but the free theme offers much more than any of the free themes on this list.
Best features of Kadence
- Customize your logo, favicon, and fonts.
- Set up a global color scheme for your blog.
- Arrange your header elements in any way you like.
- Various ways to configure the widget’s footer area.
5. Elara theme
Elara is a free food theme by Lyrathemes. This theme is highly customizable, with plenty of options to choose from. Elara has only 5-star reviews on the WordPress.org theme directory because of the effortless setup of the theme and the excellent customer support and knowledgeable staff.
Best features of Elara
- You can achieve many awesome homepage designs with post sliders, various sidebar positions, and a featured post category.
- Elara comes with integration for the Instagram feed widget.
- It allows you to create beautiful forms with Contact Form 7 and WPForms Lite incorporated support.
- It includes the necessary widgets for all the essential areas of the theme, like the header, front page, sidebar, and footer.
6. Cookery Lite
Cookery Lite is a refined theme that is ideal for food bloggers. Yet another great theme from the developers over at Blossom themes. This free theme will elevate your blog from the average recipe site to an inspiring and inviting work of art. Besides, it is well-optimized for SEO, which will help you quickly rank your recipes at the top of the search engines.
Best features of Cookery Lite
- Share your mouthwatering recipes with the rest of the world using the Delicious Recipes plugin.
- You can quickly choose from no less than 900+ Google fonts.
- It includes a special Instagram section for sharing your recipes.
- The theme supports the Gutenberg editor and Elementor in building your posts and pages.
Winning Premium Food Blog Themes
7. Brunch Pro Recipe Site theme
Brunch Pro is one of five themes from FeastDesign, a brand well-known for its WordPress food blog themes. Their themes focus on Food and Lifestyle bloggers. Moreover, FeastDesign has the best-performing designs built on the robust Genesis framework. Your recipe images will shine and get the attention they deserve because these themes cut out all the elements that provide little value. As well as showing you the process of setting up a successful food blog through tutorials and guides available on their website. For instance, their goal is to set you up for success with their helpful recipe post template and how to write a recipe post.
Brunch Pro’s top features
- Clean and simple home page and layout.
- Quickly integrates with your favorite email service.
- Minimal color scheme to focus the attention on branding and photos.
- Brunch Pro blogs are among some of the most successful recipe sites in the world.
- The theme has a basic design that food bloggers can customize to create stunning food blogs. (see some examples)
8. Thyme theme
The Thyme theme is a Kadence child theme from Restored316. For food bloggers who want to make their blogs more exciting, the Thyme theme will help you make your recipe blog just as appealing as your recipes. Moreover, with the Thyme theme, you will have access to all the demo content, step-by-step tutorials, and first-class support from the Restored316 team.
Thyme’s top features
- With the One-Click-Installation, your food blog will be up and running quickly.
- You can select from three eye-catching Home Page designs.
- The theme includes a dedicated About, Sales, Service, and Instagram page.
- Thyme uses the block editor to create posts and pages.
- Add a shop and sell your products with the WooCommerce plugin!
9. Tiny Salt Food Blog Theme
TinySalt is a stylish recipe theme for food bloggers that helps you beautifully present your recipes and content. Not to mention, you can easily add plugins like Woocommerce ( to open a shop), Contact 7 forms, and Mailchimp for WordPress. All in all, a highly rated and well-documented WordPress theme.
TinySalt’s top features
- Couple this theme with the free WP recipe maker plugin; people can rate, review, print, and share their recipes.
- The theme has a stylish recipe index to search and filter recipes quickly.
- You can install one of the 12 pre-designed homepages with a simple click.
- You can set up a single post and blog layout in countless ways.
This is one of the WordPress Food Blog Themes that will definitely add a wow factor to your recipe site. Building a community, sharing recipes, searching by ingredient, a distraction-free reading mode for when people are cooking, an integrated timer, and a unique meal planner are just a few of the wonderful features you will get with this theme.
Neptune’s top features
- The Neptune theme by Osetin provides a custom-built meal planner connected with the recipes’ nutritional info.
- Each visitor can create a personal profile, bookmark recipes for later, and post their recipes.
- Add an adorable featured image slider to your home page, including 6 different layouts.
- Add additional style and flair with the custom-made widgets like the icons categories and the about author widget.
How to make money with a food blog?
Here’s the thing: many food bloggers hardly make any money from their blogs. To become a successful food blogger, you must build an audience, grow your traffic, and implement on-target monetization strategies.
For example, you can earn money from your food blog by placing advertisements, selling electronic/ physical Cookbooks, YouTube video tutorials, and promoting affiliate products.
Fortunately, you can find many fantastic, free online resources to help a new or existing food blog thrive.
That’s it. I hope this list of the best WordPress food blog themes and resources will prove helpful and assist you in turning your yummy recipes into a successful food blog. Feel free to share and pin this post.